SNV Netherlands Development is a not-for-profit international development organisation that has built a long-term local presence in 38 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin-America. SIN Ghana implements protects to improve individual lives and contributes to solving global challenges in the areas of Agriculture, Energy, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.SNV Netherlands Development Job Opportunity : Country Financial Manager
SNV Ghana is currently seeking motivated and qualified applicants for the position of Country Financial Manager.
Duty Station is Accra.
The Finance Manager will ensure that all financial data and reporting are within the corporate financial guidelines and directions, donor requirements, accounting and reporting regulations aimed at a complete and up-to-date insight on the (financial) performance of the country and projects. He /She will be responsible for developing the Corporate Finance strategy, translating the Finance strategy and principles in accordance to Ghanaian Laws and Standards_ As a member of Country Management Team contributes to the development of the financial strategies of the country, understands impact of policy changes on Finance strategies, acts as financial sparring partner in management, and advises the management team on financial matters. Sets and ensures implementation of procedures, guidelines and work instructions for financial administration of all the offices and carries out, optimises and oversees the financial accounting implementation procedures in the country.
1. Finance Strategy for Country: Develop, seek approval and implement the Finance strategy for the taking into account country interests, relevant regulation: corporate standards and guidelines and donor regulations. Contribute to development of the country strategy, management agreement and projects. Critique and contribute to development of global financial procedures and guidelines.
2. Mang rant of Country Finance: Organise the Finance function in the country and manage the finance employees, activibes and al aspects within the finance team: in accordance with the approved plan, budget and relevant procedures, in order to realise the departments objectives. Monitor interned and donor requirements and oversee the development and implementation of updated work methods and Participate in relevant (corporate) projects.
3.Management information: Prepare and communicate on budgets. formulate, monitor procedures, guidelines and work insinxtions for financial administration for the offices, within the guidelines of the corpora controller and corporate Contributes to the development and finalisation of al project budgets Develop Financial Management Information statements, financial reports and analysis to relevant internal and external parties. Respond to requests regarding financial administration and data, in accordance with corporate procedures. Ensure timely and proper project administration by Project Administrator(s) and Project Manager in the set-up of project governance, administration and finance procedures, guided by the contract signed with the donor and compliant with SNV Project Management and Finance policies and guidelines, SNV corporate governance table and donor procedures.
4. Financial Accounting and Administration: Execute all necessary financial accounting activities and checks. assuring complete and correct allocation of costs and time. and ensure that internal and external financial reporting complies with the relevant financial standards and regulations. Carry out credit management of all donor receivables and ensure that credit due to SNV is pre-financed and invoices issued to donors are settled on time and in full.
5. Financial Planning and Control: Lead the development. consolidation, forecasting and periodical review of the country and project budgets and funds. Support budget holders in, and ensure compliance with internal- and external procedures and regulations and SNV and donor guidelines regarding the financial administration of country operations and projects.
6. Management and Donor Reporting: Present monthly the financial consolidated reports to Country Management Signal and advise Country Director on issues regarding the financial status of projects and participate in the discussion with responsible project managers if project profitability gives reason to. Support and give guidance to project managers and project administrators in providing accurate and timely financial data to SNV donors according to donor requirements.
7. Internal Control: Conduct internal compliance and control assessments, identify and address risk areas. implement measures to minimise the risk of irregularities and coordinate audits based on corporate compliance and audit procedures and in consultation with Business Planning and Control Country Management Team and Project Managers.
8. Qualifications and ExperienceMaster’s degree qualification in Finance. Accounting or related disciplines; Seven and above years proven relevant experience in similar positions position;
Weil-seasoned financial professional, with strong experience in Finance and full understanding of the core finance, business processes and accounting. Acts as liaison partner on country level for financial matters;
Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
Strong organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills; and Strong verbal and written communication skills;
Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
How to Apply
To apply, eligible and interested Candidates should send a motivation Letter and a recent CV to [email protected] not later than July 20, 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted