World Vision International looking for Finance Officer to manage all day-to-day financial transactions of the Programmes/projects to ensure effective programme implementation within World Vision International Financial policies and procedures and donor requirements.
To assist the Base Accountant in providing efficient financial management for improved ministry quality and achievement of overall organizational objective.
- The position is based in Sekyere East with some level of d omestic travel.
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Sekyere East Cluster Manager
- Assist Team Leader to ensure project planning and budgeting work is scheduled to meet the requirements/deadlines by the NO and other relevant stakeholders and into Horizon.
- Assist programme/project team to ensure programme/project budgets are clear and aligned with project goals and outcomes, by giving due consideration to WVI Finance Policies and donor regulations.
- Assist Team Leader for budget-related- communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Determine cash requirements of the programme/project and assist Team Leader for funding request to NO.
Financial partnering-Participate in the financial capacity assessment of potential partners and the partner selection process; assist the partners’ project planning and budgeting; engage in the development of agreements with the partners; and consolidate partners’ budget to WV project budget.
- Prepare and process bank deposits/withdrawals and petty cash payments.
- Prepare vouchers and process invoices for payment.
- Post transactions to general ledger/voucher interface.
- File accounting related documents for easy retrieval.
- Financial Partnering -Verify the fund transfer to partners and documentation as per agreements
- Produce financial reports in response to FFM, local government and donor regulations.
- Assist programme/project team in preparing budget versus actual variance explanations report.
- Develop a financial monitoring system, analyzing and share financial reports/ information with the various stakeholders.
- Identify key donor requirements and communicate to programme/project team.
- Financial Partnering -Participate in the monitoring of partners’ financial and accounting operations as per agreements, local government, WV requirements and donor regulations; review and analyze partners’ financial reports; and assist necessary amendments on partners’ financial reports.
- Assist to set up proper internal control system in programme/project team.
- Promote and practice transparency and integrity for good stewardship of resources.
- Communicate to appropriate people potential risk observed in the program implementation .
- Take corrective actions/measures on audit recommendations and regularly monitor progress, in partnership with NO and partner finance departments .
- Financial Partnering -Work with partners to identify the areas for improvements on internal control systems to carry out the activities as per agreements; and support to develop internal control system/manual as required.
- Ensure that Partners adhere to financial WV and donor policies, procedures requirements
- Conduct orientation on finance policies and procedures to newly hired staff .
- Assess staff financial training needs and deploy a capacity building plan .
- Work with partners to identify their financial learning needs referring partner financial capacity assessment results.
- Support financial training and mentorship with partners.
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree Accounting/Finance preferred / Business Administration -Accounting/Finance or Part 11 of ACCA, CA/CIMA.
- Good working knowledge in accounting software. Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
- 3 years of professional experience in accounting or HND Accounting Finance with 5 years’ experience
- Good Analytical Skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.